Sootashekhar Rasa, also known as Sootashekhar Rasa, is a classical Ayurvedic formulation in tablet form that is used to address various digestive and gastric issues. It is a combination of carefully selected minerals and herbal ingredients, formulated to balance the aggravated Pitta dosha and provide relief from conditions related to hyperacidity, indigestion, and gastritis.
Sootashekhar Rasa, also known as Sootashekhara Rasa, is a classical Ayurvedic formulation in tablet form that is used to address various digestive and gastric issues. It is a combination of carefully selected minerals and herbal ingredients, formulated to balance the aggravated Pitta dosha and provide relief from conditions related to hyperacidity, indigestion, and gastritis.
- Shuddha Parad (Purified Mercury): Parad is used in Ayurveda for its detoxifying properties and to balance the doshas. It is believed to support the digestive fire (agni) and alleviate acidity.
- Shuddha Gandhak (Purified Sulfur): Gandhak is known for its antibacterial properties and is used to treat digestive disorders. It helps regulate the digestive system and reduces inflammation.
- Tankan Bhasma (Borax Calx): Tankan Bhasma is a mineral-based ingredient that aids in balancing excess acidity in the stomach and provides relief from symptoms like heartburn.
- Shankha Bhasma (Conch Shell Calx): Shankha Bhasma is known for its digestive and antacid properties. It helps neutralize stomach acid and promotes digestion.
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale): Shunthi, or ginger, is a well-known digestive herb in Ayurveda. It helps improve digestion, reduce gas, and alleviate nausea.
- Maricha (Piper nigrum): Maricha, or black pepper, is another digestive spice that supports proper digestion and helps relieve abdominal discomfort.
To be Used:
The usage of Sootashekhar Rasa, like any Ayurvedic medicine, should be determined based on individual needs and the guidance of a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner. However, here are some general guidelines for using Sootashekhar Rasa:
- Consultation: Before starting Sootashekhar Rasa or any Ayurvedic medicine, consult with a knowledgeable Ayurvedic practitioner. They can assess your health condition, dosha imbalance, and any other factors to provide personalized recommendations.
- Generally, the usual dosage of Sootashekhar Rasa is around 125 to 250 mg, taken 1 to 2 times a day.
- The tablet can be taken before meals to help with digestion or after meals to alleviate discomfort.
- It is typically taken with warm water to aid in digestion and absorption.
- The dosage for children should be determined by an Ayurvedic practitioner based on the child’s age, health condition, and other factors.